Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Paul's Beach


I recently returned from my yearly vacation from Cabo San Lucas where many of my painting inspirations come to me.  All the different seascapes, colors and textures whirled around in my mind everywhere I stepped.  On my last full day of my trip I retreated to my favorite beach in Cabo, Paul's Beach.  The road leading up to the palapa is private and therefore the beach is completely open for my to be.  That incredible day, I set up my painting studio on a wooden log, sipped my Pacifico and let the vibrant beach colors seep into my watercolor paper.  I dabbed my pigmented brush on the ice cubes from the cooler and watched as the pools of color slip and slide off the cube and applied my paint onto the paper.  I felt so free and I was engaged with my artwork.  I enjoyed being in my palapa studio in Mexico.  This experience left a memory for me that no matter what kind of studio, it can always be as freeing as a vacation at Paul's Beach to me. 

No comments: